The annual summer dinner provides the club with an ideal opportunity to celebrate achievements.
This is an ongoing competition between club members and is assessed annually.
Well done to everyone who took part in this years competition! The 2018 mens championship was won by Chris Wainman and ladies by Anne Gowing, congratulations to you both!
We have agreed changes to the qualifying rules for the 2018-19 championship, moving to a fixed race calendar, the revised rules are below:
- Competition commences 1st May and runs for 12 months to 30th April the following year.
- Competitors must run a minimum of seven accurately timed races (or events). The seven may be chosen from the following list of fifteen, plus any other three race of their own choice (wildcard races).
- The total distance of the chosen races/events must be a minimum of 50 miles.
- At least one event must be a minimum of ten miles and all others must be at least six miles.
- Competitors must retain clear records of their races/events detailing event title, date, distance and time taken to complete.
- On qualification for the competition, race/event details are to be given to the Membership Secretary no later than 31st May (following the end of the competition year).
- Overall results will be decided by total time taken in minutes divided by miles covered. For example 337 minutes / 50.1 miles = 7.31 minutes per mile.
- Prizes will be awarded to Open and Veteran categories. Entries to be submitted against the age range applicable to the competitor’s age on 1st May of the qualifying year.
|1||Wednesday 13th June 2018||Joe Percy 10k|
|2||Sunday 1st July 2018||Lindley 10k|
|3||Wednesday 4th July 2018||Helen Windsor 10k|
|4||Sunday 22nd July 2018||Brighouse 10k|
|5||Sunday 29th July 2018||Ryedale 10k|
|6||Sunday 29th July 2018||Ryedale half marathon|
|7||Sunday 26th August 2018||Tour of Norland Moor 10k|
|8||Sunday 16th September 2018||Stainland Trail 10k|
|9||Sunday 21st October 2018||Holmfirth 10k|
|10||Sunday 4th November 2018||Leeds Abbey Dash 10k|
|11||Sunday 16th December 2018||Travellers 6|
|12||Sunday TBC January 2019||Meltham 10k|
|13||Sunday 17th February 2019||Liversedge half marathon|
|14||Sunday 17th March 2019||Bradford 10k|
|15||Sunday 24th March 2019||Wakefield 10k|
It is expected that all members deal with their race records in a true and fitting manner as befits HRRAC.
Long Membership Awards
We have many members who once they join up run with the club for many years. We recognise these individuals with long membership awards for 10, 20 and 30 years at our annual summer dinner with an engraved tankard (or other appropriate glass!).
In 2016 Stewart Flatt and Gordon Mitchell received 30 year long service awards and Andrea Lyons a 20 year award, photo below showing the proud recipients putting their engraved tankards and glasses to good use!
Previous long service awards winners were:
|2015||Terry Hyland (20 years)|
|2013||Peter Roebuck (30 years) Mick Booth (20 years)|