The annual summer dinner provides the club with an ideal opportunity to celebrate achievements.
This is an ongoing competition between club members and is assessed annually.
Well done to everyone who took part in this years competition! The 2018-19 mens championship was won by Chris Wainman with Mick Sunderland taking his age category of over 55s, congratulations to you both! Unfortunately this year we did not have any entries in the ladies championship.
Qualifying rules for 2019-20
- Competition commences 1st May and runs for 12 months to 30th April the following year.
- Competitors must run a minimum of seven accurately timed races (or events). The seven may be chosen from the following list, plus any other three race of their own choice (wildcard races).
- The total distance of the chosen races/events must be a minimum of 50 miles.
- At least one event must be a minimum of ten miles and all others must be at least six miles.
- Competitors must retain clear records of their races/events detailing event title, date, distance and time taken to complete.
- On qualification for the competition, race/event details are to be given to the Membership Secretary no later than 31st May (following the end of the competition year).
- Overall results will be decided by total time taken in minutes divided by miles covered. For example 337 minutes / 50.1 miles = 7.31 minutes per mile.
- Prizes will be awarded to Open and Veteran categories. Entries to be submitted against the age range applicable to the competitor’s age on 1st May of the qualifying year.
|1||Saturday 11th May 2019||Kirklees 10k|
|2||Saturday 18th May 2019||Sower by Scorcher 10k|
|3||Monday 27th May 2019||Huddersfield Town 10k|
|4||Sunday 9th June 2019||The Marsden 10|
|5||Wednesday 12th June 2019||Joe Percy 10k|
|6||Sunday 30th June 2019||Lindley 10k|
|7||Wednesday 3rd July 2019||Helen Windsor 10k|
|8||Sunday 21st July 2019||Brighouse 10k|
|9||Sunday 4th August 2019||Arthur James Shakerr (race was cancelled)|
|10||Sunday 18th August 2019||Tour of Norland Moor 10k|
|11||Sunday 15th September 2019||Shepley 10k|
|12||Sunday 15th September 2019||Stain land Trail 10k|
|13||Saturday 28th September 2019||Holme Valley Trail Half Marathon|
|14||Sunday 13th October 2019||Palma 10k / Half Marathon|
|15||Sunday 20th October 2019||Holmfirth 10k|
|16||December 2019||Travellers 6|
|17||January 2020||Meltham 10k|
|18||February 2020||Liversedge Half Marathon|
|19||March 2020||Windmill 6|
|20||April 2020||Flat Caps 10k|
|21||April 2020||Baildon Boundary Way Half Marathon|
It is expected that all members deal with their race records in a true and fitting manner as befits HRRAC.
Long Membership Awards
We have many members who once they join up run with the club for many years. We recognise these individuals with long membership awards for 10, 20 and 30 years at our annual summer dinner with an engraved tankard (or other appropriate glass!).
In 2016 Stewart Flatt and Gordon Mitchell received 30 year long service awards and Andrea Lyons a 20 year award, photo below showing the proud recipients putting their engraved tankards and glasses to good use!
Other long service awards presented in recent years are:
|2019||Dave Ladocha (10 years) Becky Mullen (10 years)|
|2016||Stewart Flatt (30 years) Gordon Mitchell (20 years) Andrea Lyons (20 years)|
|2015||Terry Hyland (20 years)|
|2013||Peter Roebuck (30 years) Mick Booth (20 years)|